Free Mortgage Advice
Save Before You Buy a Home
Are you thinking about buying a new home? Or are you already a homeowner looking to save money on your mortgage payments? Every home and every homeowner is unique, but no matter your housing situation, we are here to help you save money.
Our real estate resources offer everything from
- a mortgage glossary highlighting common industry terms, to
- renting vs buying tips along with knowing when renting is a better deal, to
- determining if you are are ready, if now is the right time to buy a home & benefiting from seller concessions, to
- understanding fair housing laws, the purchase process & the history of the housing market, to
- ensuring you meet your mortgage requirements, choosing the mortgage that is right for you. and improving your credit score, to
- FAQs & a checklist for buying your first home.
Save After You Bought Your House
Our free online guides offer tips on everything from:
- moving advice, to saving money on energy and other household expenses, & making your home"green",
- to refinancing your home and considering a second mortgage vs tapping home equity,
- right on through to resources for retirement planning by taking out a reverse mortgage and tips for keeping your home and aging with dignity.
Please take some time to look them over. Gleaning a single mortgage tip may save you thousands of Dollars! And as the old saying goes, "a Dollar saved is a Dollar earned."
More Resources for Home Owners
- Research the history of your home.
- Protect your family & investment by ensuring your home is safe from fires & other risks, including while you are away. Here is a free safety guide for children.
- Free tips on making your home more energy efficient: improving lighting efficiency, energy saving tips for kids, and geothermal energy resources.
- Mortgage background: payment plans, fair & affordable housing, mortgage terminology & basic mortgage 101 advice.
Tools & Advice for Real Estate Professionals
While this site is primarily consumer focused, we also offer exclusive content geared toward helping real estate professionals improve and promote their websites.
- Read our free guide to online real estate marketing today
- Install a free mortgage calculator on your website in under a minute
Financial Resources for Teachers
In the coming weeks and months, based on consumer feedback we will add dozens of additional high quality articles to the site. We keep track of the ever-changing mortgage market on our news journal. We also provide other financial advice for educators.
- Many teachers use our calculators in classes. Here are some additional calculators for kids. And just for fun, here is a chronological history of calculators. :)
- Here is a guide to the history of money and a number of financial lesson plans.