Play Free Online Entrepreneur, Business, & Money Management Video Games for Kids
Free Online Finaical Video Games for Kids
We offer over a dozen fun and ad-free online video games for kids across the following categories:
- Money: counting money and making change
- Real Estate: buy and sell properties, make a thriving LEGO city, and clean up a mess or germs
- Simulation: run a coffee shop, grocery store, or another business to generate cashflow and grow the business
- Software Development: STEM games teach children about coding logic along with how software is made and tested
- Financial Markets: day trading speculation game which can be used to teach how noisy the markets are
- Office Politics: whimsical ragdoll clicker game can be used to explain internal competition, conflict resolution & team building
Counting Money & Making Change
Grocery Cashier is a game where younger children can practice addition and subtrction along with monetary familiarity by operating a virtual cash register.
- Each customer represents another level of the game. As you play longer the number of items you ring up increases while the time limit for each customer decreases.
- Enter the cost of each item as it comes down the conveyor belt, then tap the plus button.
- To enter payments you must click on or press the buttons on the cashier rather than using a keyboard. If you make an error there is a clear button you can use to erase the prior input.
- When entering amounts you do not need to enter anything after the decimal if the product price is a whole dollar figure & you do not have to enter pennies for products which are priced in dollars and dimes.
- After entering in all of the items click on the total button.
- If the customer pays via gift certificates you then enter the gift certificant amount and the minus sign. You do not make change for customers who play with gift certificates. Simply enter the amount, the negative sign, and then click the DONE button on the right.
- If the customer pays with money you enter the amount they paid and then click on the pay button. You then click on the bills and coins which are associated with the amount they are owed and then click the done button when you are complete.
Treze Coins is a simple money addition game where children add together coins to deposit into a gumball machine.
- Choose which language you would like to play in based on country flags which are frequently associated with popular languages. Options include English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and French.
- Select which coin denominations you would like to use. Your options are: either 1, 1 and 10, or 1 and 5 and 10.
- Look at the amount shown at the top center of the screen and click on coins from the bottom area to insert coins which sum to that amount.
- When you have added up the correct number of coins click on the gumball machine to insert the coins.
- If you make a mistake you can click the X under the coin adding box.
- If you need to make change there is a coin converter in the lower right corner.
- Keep buying gumballs until you run out of money.
LEGO City Adventures Build and Protect
In LEGO City Adventures Build and Protect players help Mayor Solomon Fleck build a LEGO city using various buildings which earn tax revenues that can be spent to help build out the rest of your city.
- Build the buildings needed to create a thriving metropolis.
- Dig for hidden minipieces which can be used to build unique building types available in each zone.
- Collect taxes from each building to fund further development & more digs.
- Each building requires you to have enough LEGO stud savings to buy it along with the needied minipieces.
- Unlock each of the six zones of the city by filling each zone with 25 buildings.
- Each zone has its own unique LEGO pieces and building types with their own earning schedules.
- Ensure each zone has at least one police office and fire department so you can protect the citizens.
- Put out fires and stop burglaries to earn extra rewards.
Hero Elementary Treehouse Trouble
In Hero Elementary Treehouse Trouble is a simple physics puzzle video game which also encourages recycling.
General Game Structure
- The first two levels act as tutorials.
- Initially only the first level is unlocked, but as you progress through the game you can open multiple paths up inside each zone so if you are stuck on a particular level you can take the alternate path and then later come back to complete any levels you missed.
- Play through 22 levels spread across 3 areas: Hero Elementary, Downtown, and Citytown Park.
- Use all the building pieces from the left side to build a stable treehouse.
- Pieces which are laid into the puzzle may be laid as is or rotated an arbitrary degree.
- Use the down arrow at the bottom of the screen to test the stability of your creation. You can use this after placing each individual piece or a number of pieces at once.
- When all pieces have been laid click on the roof to drop it in place.
- Remove unneeded extra pieces from an existing treehouse to recycle them.
- Click on a piece to remove it, then click the down arrow at the bottom of the screen to recycle it.
- The meter at the bottom left shows how many pieces need removed and is full when the correct number of pieces have been removed.
- The treehouse should remain balanced with the roof remaining on throughout the entirety of the process.
The Amazing World of Gumball Tidy Up
In The Amazing World of Gumball Tidy Up is a house cleaning game for kids. Help Darwin clean the Watterson home and look out for Gumball who likes to ransack already cleaned rooms.
- Click on a dirty part of a room multiple times until that part is cleaned.
- Click on other dirty parts of the room until they are cleaned. When a room has been completely cleaned an indicator will state the room is cleaned.
- Use the arrows to move around the house and clean other rooms.
- Click on clocks to add more time.
- If you have already cleaned every room in the house visit previously cleaned rooms to see which one Gumball wrecked again and clean it once more.
The Loud House Germ Skirmish
In The Loud House Germ Skirmish is a house disinfecting game where you help Lincoln Loud clean the house and prevent it from getting overly infected by a dangerous virus.
- Move from room to room cleaning off germs using your aresol spray can of disinfectant.
- Pick up more disinfectant to stay stocked.
- Bug bombs kill all germs in a room.
- Wearing a gas mask protects you from germs.
- Keep your health up by cleaning a secton of the room before walking in that area.
The game has 3 play modes.
- Squirm Off: Kill 1 trillion germs before the 10 minute timer runs out. Once a room gets too infected you can not reenter it.
- Squirm & Protect: Do not let 3 rooms get infected. You have 11 rooms in total to protect including upstairs, downstairs, and the basement which is accessible through the kitchen.
- Basement Blitz: Last as long as you possibly can in the basement. You play as long as you can until Lincoln Loud gets infected.
Real Estate Tycoon
In Real Estate Tycoon property prices rise and fall. Your goal is to profit from the arbitrage of buying low and selling high.
In general most buildings rise in value when they first appear in a fairly straight line, then cool off and slow down their appreciation before turning south. As you get further into the game buildings appear more quickly and som buildings cycle in price multiple times.
This game does not have all the gritty details of the real estate market like borrowing money at interest, property cap rates, broader economic cycles and shifts in credit conditions, supply and demand across sectors, and so on.
Instead it is an oversimplified game for kids, but helps children manage their attention and track trends.
As more expensive buildings appear it is generally better to focus on tightly managing the entries and exits on a few big buildings rather than managing a portfolio of smaller and cheaper buildings which are hard to track in the aggregate as your attention splits.
This game has 3 modes
- Career Mode: Start with a small sum of money and reach a final goal amount on each level by repeatedly trading properties.
- Time Trial Mode: Try to reach an earnings goal within a limited period of time.
- Endless Mode: Buy and sell endlessly in an idle game with no time limit or earnings goal.
The Powerpuff Girls Panic in Townsville
In Powerpuff Girls Panic in Townsville is a protect the city game where you help ward off risks associated with natural disasters and monsters.
- Help Buttercup, Blossom, and Bubbles save the city.
- Use the arrows to locate dangers.
- Tap on firey meteors and hold to destroy them.
- Repeatedly click on icey commets to destroy them.
- Collect pickles to score additional points.
- Play through 5 different levels. As you advance through levels additional features are added to the game.
- On the second level a gang of thugs appear which you can take a picture of & there is a visual display you should visit to click thumbs up or thumbs down for good or bad characters shown on the screen.
- On the third level you answer math quiz questions and fight a large monster.
- On the fourth level you fight Mojo Jojo's blimp.
- On the fifth level you fight the large monster and Mojo Jojo's bomb dropping blimp.
Coffee Shop is a one-month simulation game where players adjust game settings to earn as much as they can from running a coffee shop.
Players of this game manage their inventory, budget their cashflow, set pricing, adjust their coffee formula, and plan to maximize day to day earnings in part by adjusting their business based on the weather. In this game the demand for coffee goes up in cold weather and the demand for coffee goes down in warm weather.
This game teaches children many important aspects of running a business, including:
- Inventory: You can buy ingredients in bulk to save, but some ingredients also spoil. In this game you have to manage your coffee, milk, sugar and cup levels.
- Strategy: You get to set your coffee formula to manage your ingredient usage and blended cost per cup.
- Pricing: You can maximize your profits by adjusting pricing up or down to either boost sales volume or sell ingredients which may spoil at below cost in order to sell them before they spoil.
- Predicting Demand: Weather is a great indicator for shifts in consumer demand in this game. The shifts in consumer demand apply both to total demand volume and propensity to pay premium prices.
- Reading Consumer Feedback: Many consumers in this game offer price bubbles which indicate if they are happy and what they feel is wrong if they are not.
The one aspect of this game which is not ideal is it does not teach the importance of consistency in building a sustained consumer following for a business, but the above features require significant day to day variation in order ot make the game fun and interactive.
In Chicken Clicker is an idle clicker game where you tap to cause a rubber chicken to honk.
This game does not off a lot in the way of strategy, but shows the concept of a supply chain and the growth of a business from a home-made enterprise, to a funded startup, to owning a supply chain, having bank financing, building a warehouse, and listing on the stock market.
- Tap your mouse left click button repeatedly to generate honks.
- Use the honks you made to purchase honk establishments.
- Repeatedly upgrade honk establishments to increase your earnings.
- Unlock all 10 establishment types, purchase all 5 honk upgrades, and unlock all 8 honk achievements.
In Open Restaurant you try to reach a daily earnings goal for the restaurant. You play as the head waiter (or Maître d'hôtel) and must Invite guests to be seated, take their orders, serve their food, give them their bill & clear off the table for the next guests.
This game has a beautiful isometric design.
- Each day of the game lasts 1 minute.
- Your earnings from prior days carry over to the next.
- After you get about a week in the difficulty of the game ramps up significantly.
- It is important to balance all aspects of serving customers to keep cashflow going.
Be sure not to seat a group of 1 or 2 at a table for 4 or you won't be able to seat other guests at that table. Guests must be seated in the order they waited in line, so if you have no open tables for 4 and a group of 4 at the head of the line you won't be able to seat any guests until one of the large tables is cleared off.
Penguin Cafe is restaurant simulation game where you play as a waitress penguin serving all of the artic.
- Quickly seat customers and take their orders.
- Deliver their food, collect payment, and clean the table.
- Each day your igloo moves to a new location and you have a new earnings goal.
- This game has a total of 25 challenging levels to play through.
- Use your in-game epxerience to buy igloo kitchen upgrades.
- Your kitchen upgrades help you increase customer satisfaction and earn more.
- Upgrades including faster skates, a high-powered blender, fancy tablecloths, curtains, a speaker system, and a premium toilet for the bathroom.
- Items range in cost from 499 to 4,999 for a total cumulative cost of 12,496.
Tap Supermarket is a grocery store simulation game where you manage stocking a grocery store, check out customers, and use profits to expand your product line.
- When displays are empty click on the green circle on them to restock them.
- When the shipping pallets in the stock room to the upper left are empty click on the green circles to restock them.
- Check out customers who are standing in the checkout line by clicking on the checkout line. If there are multiple customers standing in line you need to repeatedly click on the checkout to ring up all the customers.
- Use your in game earnings to purchase new display racks to expand your store inventory.
- You can also use your experience to purchase unlocks on a second chekcout lane and a third grocery stocker.
The Casagrandes Mercado Mayhem
The Casagrandes Mercado Mayhem is a grocery store simulation game where you operate the grocery store like early stores. Rather than customers grabbing their own groceries you pick them out for them.
- Click on customers to see what they would like to purchase.
- Have Ronnie Anne ask customers what they would like & collect their items.
- Have Bobby clean and stock shelves.
- Serve customers quickly to keep them happy and prevent them from leaving.
- Manage customer demands and stocking while keeping up with increasingly demanding and quick tempered customers.
- Reach the daily earnings goal to advance to the next day.
Software Development & Online Businesses
As Internet-connected businesses have grown to represent a larger share of the economy most businesses of the future will have an online component to them. These games help children learn basic concepts associated with computer programming and software testing.
Ben 10 Omnicode
Ben 10 Omnicode is a logic video game where you create the code routine for Ben 10 to safely pass through a level.
- Observe the move limits shown at the top of the screen.
- Insert the first command you would like Ben 10 to do. If it is a forward movement you can insert how many times you would like him to move before executing the next command.
- Enter the next command you would like Ben 10 to do. Options include turning, transforming to another character, jumping.
- When you enter a command like changing characters or turning you then need to specific which character you would like to turn into and which direction you would like to turn.
- Keep stacking together logic commands until you have completed the puzzle.
- Click the RUN CODE button at the bottom of the screen to test your code.
- If you make a mistake and can't complete the level with your existing code you can add, remove, change or re-order your commands then run the code again.
- The bottom right corner of the game has an eye button which can be used to change game perspective.
- The game gets more complex as you make progress. The first two worlds are unlocks by default, but you must complete each level in sequence to unlock the next. After you complete all 28 levels on the first world and all 12 levels on the second world the third world is unlocked.
Rubi's Coding Class
Rubi's Coding Class is a logic video game where you lay movement blocks on the level grid to help guide a robot to the end of the level before its battery runs out.
- Observe the robot start direction at the bottom of the screen and the robot's power. The initial direction shows you the path upon which you should lay movement tiles to redirect the robot & the power value shows the maximum number of squares the robot can move.
- Move the pieces from the lower right into the level.
- When you have completed laying directional pieces click the green and white play button to run the routine.
- As your code routine runs the robot will move and the code associated with the piece placements will appear on the right side of the screen.
- If you make a mistake there are stop routine and retstart level buttons underneath the play routine button.
- The lower left corner of the game has a tap button to bring up the level select screen if you would like to replay a level, but each of the 32 levels must be beaten in sequential order to unlock subsequent levels.
We Bare Bears Develobears
We Bare Bears Develobears is a fun STEM game for kids which teaches them about the components which go into making a video game.
- Piece together puzzles of an animated character.
- Play as your character inside the video game.
- Select tasks from the taskboard to keep working on game development.
- Tasks include painting pictures, making a chiptune, creating custom pixel art which appears in the game, and adding other unlockable in game elements.
- Select to play through various combinations of level design, music composition, and characters.
- Repeatedly play the game and unlock new variations until you have completed building the game.
- As you make game development progress your office background will upgrade to reflect your progress.
Web Tycoon Simulator
Web Tycoon Simulator is an idle clicker game for young children where players click to earn income and upgrade various aspects of a web based business to earn money faster.
- Click anywhere on the screen to generate income. As you click income amounts with a plus symbol are shown on the screen and your current savings are shown at the top of the screen.
- Income is also passively generated when you do not click, though only at around 20 percent the rate.
- Use your income to buy upgrades to your workstation, website, advertising strategy, private servers, merchandising, marketplace, and develop web domination.
- Buttons for upgrades you can afford are in a brighter color and ones which are beyond your budget are a duller tone.
- Each feature can be upgraded many times with the upgrade costs growing geometrically.
- As you upgrade various aspects of your business your passive income generation will improve and your office background will gain more knick knacks.
Stocks is an idle clicker game with a stock performance price graph where the goal of the game is to day trade or speculate on a stock to capture price increases.
Players start with $500 and play across 30 days, with a goal of liquidating their shares and earning as much profit as they can in a month.
- The current savings and day number are shown in upper left corner.
- Share price is shown in the upper right corner.
- The price graph shows stock price tends within the day.
- The current owned shares along with the buy and sell buttons are below the price graph.
This game does a good job of showing how there is a lot of random noise in short-term market movements, but does not teach any sort of fundamental or technical analysis.
Most people who do well in the stock market do not day trade but rather dollar cost average into index funds or hold positions for an extended period of time.
Players can only trade one share at a time, so if they own many shares it makes sense to start winding down holdings with a couple days left so they are not forced to exit positions at bad prices on the final days.
Angry Boss is a ragdoll office fight game.
While this game teaches little about running a business or finance, it can be used to help explain children about competition, office politics, office conflicts, teamwork, and healthy conflict resolution strategies.
- Use the 50 coins you start the game with to buy a pencil.
- Repeatedly throw pencils at the boss until his health goes to zero.
- Use your in-game coin earnings to unlock other weapons.
- Throw other items at the bad boss.
- You can also pick the boss up and throw him across the screen.