Want to Calculate Mortgage Payments Offline?
Download the free mortgage calculator today. We offer 2 convenient options:
- Mortgage Calculator .exe file - click the link and immediately run the mortgage calculator. This is the best option if you are in a rush and/or only plan on using the calculator today.
- Mortgage Calculator .zip file - download the zip file, extract it, and install it on your computer. This is the best option if you plan on using the calculator many times over the coming days, weeks, and months.
The calculator interface looks like this:
Our calculator consists of 5 input blocks
- payments per year - normally 12 monthly payments for most loans
- loan amount - your mortgage amount
- interest rate - the rate of compounding
- periodic payments - loan payment amount
- number of payments - typically 12 times the number of years. 30 years is the most common mortgage term, and at 12 payments per year that would make 360 payments
Simply fill in whatever data you know, and then click the find button next to the last open field. This makes the calculator flexible, fitting many different needs
- To use this calculator like a traditional mortgage calculator you would leave the Periodic Payment area blank and fill in the other details, then click find next to Periodic Payment.
- You can leave the Loan Amount empty and fill in the payment amount you can afford to determine how much home you can afford.
- You can test the savings from bi-weekly payments vs a traditional montly mortgage payment by increasing the number of payments per year.
- You can also test different interest rates to compare different loan options.
- In addition to all the above options, this claculator comes with a printable loan schedule.
While this calculator is quite flexible, if multiple fields are left blank when you click the find button the calculator will produce an error that will need cleared before the calculator will work again. Click the clear button and enter new loan details and it should work like a charm. :)
Some of Our Awards!
Current Mortgage Rates
The following table shows locally available mortgage rates which you can use to help calculate your monthly home loan payments.